Friday, January 26, 2007

Official

Well girls it's OFFICIAL, Mike is retired from the "Missouri Army National Guard" it been a good 24 yrs. Made a lot of friends.Went to a lot of Dances. Don't how to act,no more drills,no more two week camps,no more Stinky bags to unpack, no more uniforms to wash and iron.No more working around week-ends for vacations or just going out. Best of all no IRAQ. What are we going to do. Well he does still is work for Wal-Mart, been with them for 18 yrs. That's why I married a younger man so I could retire and he could keep working........Just kidding. Now we can have more time to do what we like best FISHIN. We have a lake just couple of miles from our home...........Take a picnic and make a day of it. Camping is another thing we like to do with the granddaughters and others.We also like to work in the yard. Who knows if the old hip and knee don't act up on me ,we may even get that flower bed done. So if you don't hear much from me,you'll know I've
GONE FISHIN........

Love to all and God bless,

Glo

5 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Congratulations Gloria and also to your Mike!! That is great!! That must be wonderful to know that you can relax for the rest of your lives and not have to worry about anything. that is not going to happen here for us...Oh and to let you know..my husband is also Mike!! I hope that you have a great time with your husband..enjoy it...Sandy

chrissy said...

Congrats. I know you are excited about no more trips to Iraq and to have more time with each other for fishin!!!! Maybe even alittle honeymooning as my parents used to call it.. That is wonderful. Yall enjoy every moment. I have also been wanting a flower bed put along the side of the house...maybe this spring we will both get our flowerbeds done..
take care..enjoy..

Charla said...

Hey Glo, that's great! I'm sure it's a big relief for ya! Have fun fishin'!! LOL :) Love ya!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your time together and have lots of fun fishin!

Michelle said...

Hey Glo~ I am glad to hear that Mike has retired. That is great. Please go fishin and campin for me. I love to do that but can never seem to get away to do it!!!