Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Remember Mama


This is my Mom and me,I was 3 months old....My Mom was a beautiful woman. She was my best friend. When I was in High School someone thought she was my older sister. My sister who was 4 yrs younger than me piped up and said "I have you to know she's our mother". Of course Mom and I thought it was cool. You could talk to her about anything. Hard working,great cook,fun and a little crazy at times ( Guess that is where I get it from). She was also a little sassy. Would fight a buzz saw for her brothers when they were growing up. She was a tomboy and a lady rolled into one. She even went on mine and Mike's honeymoon.....yes you read that right.( Mike loved my Mom) Mike and I were married on Father's day weekend (Friday June 17,88) well we just went up to K.C. to the Holiday Inn (for4 days)....well we got up on Sunday morning (Father's Day) got to talking about my Mom and how this would be her first Father's day after my Dad had passed a way. Long story short. We got ready and when to Henrietta for church to be w/Mom. You should have seen her face when we walked in. So after church .........We All went back to our hotel.. had lunch,went swimming,set in the hot tub and sauna. Then had dinner at a Steak house. Then Mike and I went back to the hotel and Mama went back home. My Mom passed away Jan.14 1992. I'll always remember Mama with a SMILE.

5 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

What a beautiful story Glo!! Your Mom sounds so neat! It sounds like you all had a lot of fun together!

You and Mike were really thoughtful to think of your Mother on Father's Day like that! That was a really kind thing to do.... I am learning how really thoughtful you are!! This made me tear up.....

Can you beleive my Mon died on July
1 1992.... The same year as your Mom..... My Mom was 88 when she passed on....
love and hugs Carolyn

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Very nice post!! Your mother looked like a beautiful woman!! I am so sorry that she is no longer with you too. i know that i should be so thankful to still have both of my parents. I try to remember that everyday...Blessings...

Caregiver's Diary said...

How sweet. Your momma sounded like a very cool lady. Thanks for visiting my blog. Still not sure where I'm going with my blog for tomorow. I think I'm done with "remember when", but who knows?

Courtney said...

Your mom sounded just as amazing as you are♥
What a beautiful lady she was. That picture is amazing!

Baba said...

Good morning Glo, I have enjoyed reading about you and your mom..she sounded like my mom in many ways.People always think my mom and I look like sisters...talk a like....It will be hard to lose her one day.Have a nice day. Baba