Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday


What I'm most Thankful for is people who stand up for what they believe. Those who aren't afraid to say "Jesus is Lord", "Jesus is the reason for the season", "Merry Christmas" ,"God bless America", "One Nation under God". Thankful for the kids who came up with "meet us at the Flag pole before School" so we can pray for our day. Thankful for all those who Pray in public places like Restaurants, I even prayed with someone in an isle at Wal-Mart once. (she said she needed prayer,I didn't think anything about praying for her or with her right there,but believe me I got told about it. And telling some one God bless you isn't wrong to me nor does it embarrass me. When Mike and I have dinner out we always pray just like we do at home. We've had some be kind and get quiet while we pray and we had waitresses set food in front of us while we were praying (she didn't get a tip, sorry,it's called respect for others) I have so much to be Thankful for.......... God and Prayer are the center of it all.
So as you read this you know by now someone got my goat and I'm venting. So please do Mike and I a favor.....When you're some where and some store clerk says "Happy Holidays" do what we do, say "Merry Christmas and May God bless". Let's keep Christ in Christmas not only this year,but always.
Love and God bless,
Glo

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Glo, you have to go read Katy's blog. Her link is on my blog. She had a post similar to this yesterday. Go read it you'll love it!
Amen to you & God bless you for speaking your mind,standing up for what we ALL know is right & most importantly God bless you for being you! The Glo I know & love with all my heart!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You go girl!! GREAT ADVICE to all of us!! Crazy world that we live in anymore..politically correct don't they call it!! It is funny how when i was young I never heard HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! It was always MERRY CHRISTMAS...too many weird people are getting their way anymore...Sandy

Michelle said...

sorry to hear someone got your goat! Tell it like it is! :) God bless you and Mike and yes, Merry Christmas!

Baba said...

Hi Glo, You are so right about this subject...My friend was at Lowes last week and the Christmas trees for sale had a sign by them calling them a family tree...not a Xmas tree..What is up with this???God bless and Merry Christmas my friend. Baba

Talk..to..Grams said...

Yea!! waa hoo!! Yes!! Yes!! Ok I guess by that you know I think you are so right on!!
I hate it when they say Happy Holidays and Not Merry Christmas!! and a family tree for Christmas tree are they nuts!!
I have worked on Christmas cards all afternoon! Nancy just loves to send them!! Love you!! Carolyn

mindi said...

I totally agree with you. Christmas is about CHRIST, not Santa. Merry Christmas to all!

Michelle said...

You know I just love this post! I'm so tired of everyone trying to be "politically correct". It doesn't hurt anyone to say Merry Christmas and we shouldn't have to stop our beliefs just cause someone else may or may not get their panties in a bunch. Good for you for standing up for what you believe! I love that and we should all do the same, then maybe they would back off and know we're serious and aren't going to be pushed around any longer. God bless you and yours!