Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Journey to Meet Courtney K.C. to Chicago

My journey began very early on Thur. May 8. Not being able to sleep much the night before,I was up by 3:30 am suitcase packed and ready to go. My BIL showed up at 5:30 ready to ride up to K.C. with us,so Mike wouldn't have to make the trip back alone. (a little over an hour away) I was to board the train at 7:30 am. We arrived in good time only had a short wait before they called all a board for Chicago. That's me. Mike helped me on board,put my luggage in the spot the conductor told him to. With a quick hug and kiss,he was out the door and the train gave a lurch forward.........and Glo was on her way to see Court YEA!!! Well before we were to far down the tracks( you know me never met a stranger) got to know the gentlemen beside and behind me. One from L.A. and the other from Ind. After we'd talked a while, the one from Ind. went to the snack car and brought me back a Sprite,when I tried to pay him for it he said no thank you, just tell your husband Thanks for serving. I met so many nice people just like this all the way to Chicago. Went down and played UNO with some 30 yr old boys in the snack car,they were from K.C. on their way to see a concert in Chicago. Talked with young people who were just going home from college. I tried many times to just set back, close my eyes and rest a little...no luck to excited. Went down to the restroom.(If you never been in the restroom on a train...well let me tell you, you can set on the stool and brush your teeth at the same time. heehee Very clean and compact. There were 5 restrooms w/ changing tables for infants and a dressing room on the lower level of the car I was riding in.) Called Mike and my cousin. My cousin got so excited,because she was talking to a train. :-) I went and set in the observation car for awhile. There was so much to see. You could see the Sears tower coming in to Chicago, very tall. Arrived in Chicago about 3 pm. Had an hr and a half lay over there. A lady and I shared some BBQ Chicken wings. She was on her way to surprise her best friend on her 50th b-day. Very nice.

Well enough for today. More tomorrow.

Love, Glo

6 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

This sounds like so much fun!! I can hardly wait to hear the rest of what happened on your train ride!!! You met some very nice people it sounds like!! Love and hugs Grams

Michelle said...

wow sounds like you've never met a stranger LOL What a great way to pass the train ride though - getting to know the other passengers; sounds like it was a fun time!

Renie Burghardt said...

I am glad you had such a great time on the train. I am like you, I always talk to everyone. I am enjoying reading about your trip.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Cool!! Sounds fun!! I rode a train way back in High School...Oh I did ride one later on too..just forgot. i would love to do it again.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip and so exciting. I feel as if I'm riding the train right along with you!

Thank you for all you have done for us ;)

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Good words.