Thursday, March 22, 2007

Glad :) and Sad :( Day.

Glad:-)

  1. That God has blessed us so much.
  2. That "Flip Flop" and hubby are home safe.
  3. I got to talk to my "little gal" Courtney.
  4. That I am blessed with so many friends.
  5. That I have a wonderful husband.
  6. That I have a wonderful family.

Sad :-(

Because I lost two of the Alzheimer's residents I use to care for. Millie and Don. I know they are in a much better place, but I sure miss them.( still do Volunteer work there.) Millie was also the mother of a classmate of mine. She had a beautiful voice( even at 88) and she would always sing. Her favorite and mine was" He's the Lilly of the Valley"....And Don he could still cut a mean rug when he was 70. He loved to jidder bug. We once had a group that sang like the "Andrew Sisters" come to the Unit and Don (setting in a chair about half a sleep), well let me tell you the minute the music started.He grabbed one of the gals. It was something to see ,believe me. He danced to every song fast or slow. When the show was over he shuffled slowly off to his room.

:-)Well I guess I'm not sad any more. Just talking about these two wonderful special people, I find myself setting here smiling. The memories I have will always be with me. I do pray for their families. So If you wouldn't mind,will all of you just say a little prayer for Millie and Don families.

Thanks for listening.

Love and God bless,

Glo :-)

3 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Sounds like Millie and Don lived a great and happy life filled with music and fun!! That is the way you will remember them I am sure!! We are fine and home again!! thanks for thinking of us!!
The RV is all cleaned out and all ready to go again whenever!! smile!! Mikey is back to work and seems to be happy back in his element!! He will never slow down until the Lord shows him how!!
Me..I need to find work someplace and help out but just who is going to hire a 62 year old "mature" woman anymore!! ha!! Oh well!! We will survive somehow. Take care..Sandy

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Glo. I will keep their families in my thoughts & prayers. I'm so happy we had our talk. I need them you know:) Have a great weekend & talk to ya soon. Love You!!

Charla said...

Hey Glo, I'm sorry you lost your friends. I'm sure you will always remember the good times you had with them during your visits with them though. Sorry I missed your call yesterday, this week has been so crazy. I'll try to give you a call later today. Love ya!

~~Me~~